Thursday, June 28, 2012

An American Classic

Well, I'm finally at the airport. Made it through the check-in and security just fine. And before I board the plane for London, I decided to have one last American classic.....a Bud Light. You really can't get more American than that. After this, it will be English beer for an entire month. What a rough month it will be.

I'm still not nervous at all. I believe I've packed everything and if I haven't, I can just purchase it while I'm there. London really isn't a third world, er, developing, country, so I will not have the same issues that I had when I went to Egypt. And let's all hope that I do not lose my luggage this time. That would be seriously bad news.

My flight leaves in just under an hour and I will land at 730 on Friday morning. There is a five-hour time difference between England and the East Coast so it will be the wee hours of the morning for most if not all of you. It's highly possible that I will have wifi across the way from my dorm so I may be blogging even more frequently that first believed. (Also, if you were worried, I got my book reviews done. And a day early. Boom.)

This will be a short blog because I don't have much to say. I'm really looking forward to being there and am not nervous at all about fitting in with the culture. I believe the only thing to worry about is if I will make my return flight. :) Next time you hear from me, I will be in foggy London town. Til then!

- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment