Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Name, New Blog, Same Blogger

Hello,

I formed this blog many months ago. I wrote about three posts in three days and haven't been back since. Obviously, I haven't had much to say and had no real reason to have a blog. I don't live with this false sense of entitlement, believing that people really care what I have to say and I'd like to believe that I am not pretentious.

That being said, I have finally found a reason to blog. This blog will become my travel blog. Reasons being:

1. I love to travel. Easily my favorite thing to do.

2. I have traveled a lot in the past year. I should've started this blog back in October when I went of my first of three cruises this year. Alas, I didn't, so I'm going to start it now.

3. I like to talk about traveling. I definitely do different things when I travel. I like to eat odd foods and take risks that I never do when I'm home. I'll try to keep it lively.

4. I can post pictures! Modern technology has blessed me with this ability. I can dazzle you with my witty comments and then hit you with some Pulitzer-prize winning photographs taken on my 7.1 megapixel Canon camera. (Note: There are cell phones with better cameras)

Those are probably the main reasons why I am "re-starting" this blog. I did blog when I went to Egypt two years ago and that seemed to go over rather well. Let's hope this one is as enjoyable, albeit I'd rather not get any offers of marriage this time.

This first segment of the blog will deal with our next trip to Alaska. In two weeks time, my parents and I will be traveling to "Seward's Folly." We will be visiting my brother Tim and his wife, Jackie, who live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I won't give away too many details about the trip itself but it will include fishing, hiking, snorkeling, whitewater rafting, eating, sleeping and cruising.

So I hope you all enjoy it. I will be back soon for some pre-trip updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment