Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Brief Introduction

I guess that some introduction is necessary so that all those you read this blog will have some background when reading entries.

Name: Kate

Sex: Female

Age: In my 20's - I will not disclose my actual age - privacy please.

Region: USA - East Coast -

Over time, you will most likely learn the exact area but for now let's pretend that I could be any random girl in my 20's living on the East Coast of the USA. I define East Coast because I feel that the East Coast of the US is so very different in comparison to the West Coast. I won't even begin to discuss the Midwest and how they differ - that would be an entire blog post in itself.

Likes: Books; Music; Movies; Sunny Days; Rainy Days; Sports; Gentlemen; a fantastic pair of high heels; Hazelnut Coffee; Beer; the Beach; Traveling; the Study of History; Exercise; People Watching; Writing.

Dislikes: Stupid People - I work in retail...enough said; Mean People; Science; Math; Pessimism; Horseback Riding - I am beginning to think I am scared of horses; Scary Movies; Stomach Aches; Papercuts; Hangnails; Liars; Disorganization.

I think this is a good portrait of me. It could be a bit blunt and harsh but it is the truth. I tell it like it is and if you don't like it, then you probably won't like me. I have a filter but it's not always very strong and I am known to say the wrong thing. I try not to. I don't like to hurt people's feelings but I know I have done it. I am not happy about it but I do move on with my life.

I would say that I have few true regrets. I am lived my life rather fully at the moment. I hope to live more as I get more money. I love to travel - it has to be my first true love - no my second. My first true love is reading. I love nothing better than getting into bed at 9 p.m. and reading until I fall asleep. I would choose reading over most everything except travel. I will travel in any means I can. My goal is to get to Europe and backpack. I need to find a buddy but that is the eventual goal - hopefully within the next few years.

Life Goals: Travel the world; Receive my Master's and Ph. D.; Get Married; Have children; Live a good, long life; Build a house; Learn a foreign language; Run a Marathon.

These are a few goals that I have set out for myself. They are by no means in order. Just random thoughts and goals that seem achievable. I should start working on some now. Ah procrastination.

Well I think that is all for now. Check back frequently for updates. I don't have a scheduled day for posting. They will be random. Posted as thoughts come to mind.

Till then....

- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment