Sunday, January 26, 2014

California Dreaming

First things first, I've returned to the blogosphere. It's been a very busy 1.5 years but I've found a good reason to blog again and I hope you'll all enjoy it.

There are few things I enjoy more in life than travelling. I was lucky enough to be born into a family that loved travelling and was blessed that they wished to bring me along on these trips, even though I was remarkably good at disappearing. 

Despite traveling far from home and living abroad (but only for a month each time), I've never actually moved more than 4 hours away from home. State College and Washington, D.C. are all within a half a day driving distance from the Jersey Shore and it's been easy to visit family (and for them to visit us) and come home for holidays.

Alas, life is full of curve balls. Enter Chris, who I met two years ago and recently decided his was a worthy life partner and his career in the Army. It is this career that is moving us across the country to Southern California for two years! (There are worse places). Come February 1st, (one week from tomorrow!) we (including our 80 lbs. dog, Hank) will begin our 7 day trek across the United States to Huntington Beach, CA.

This space will host my daily blogs about the trip cross country and our future adventures in California. I'll hopefully post a few times next week (wifi willing) regarding the packing process and the week leading up to the big move.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming days!

- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment