Thursday, August 9, 2012

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

So this is the end. My month long trip across the pond came to a close about a week and a half ago. It's taken me all of this time to spit out this blog post, for the ending is always the most difficult to write. When I started this series of blog posts, I was super excited for my trip. I couldn't wait to tell you all about it. However, I knew only a bare minimum of what I would be doing while I was there so there really wasn't much to say.

Now it's over and I'm back to reality (sort of). And it's been extremely difficult to put into words all of my emotions about the trip. You could almost argue that I'm still getting over my jet lag. It hasn't fully sunk in yet that I'm back in America, because I totally hit the ground running when I got back. I haven't had a weekend free and only see one opportunity for a free weekend before the semester begins. And there is almost too much to say. Too much to recount. Too many feelings to impart. So I'm going to try and I will also keep this short. I could go into extreme detail but that would only be for my benefit and not for yours.

So I will write some thank yous:

To my family: who assisted both monetarily and emotionally, thank you very much. This was really the trip of a lifetime. I will look back on this time in my life with great happiness and I'm so grateful that you were there to help me get there. Thank you for supporting me during the trip, with Skyping and emails. It was nice to feel connected to home while abroad. And thanks for being here when I returned. It was wonderful to be greeted at the airport

To my friends (aka, my blog readers): thank you for reading. I'm sure it got tiring after awhile. I know it was tiring to write these up everyday. And they probably got boring. I wasn't as funny as I could have been but sometimes I was just too tired to be funny. But thanks for reading all the same. Or thanks for skimming/looking at the pictures. I know I got page views that weren't mine so I know that someone out there is reading this garbage.

To my London friends: First, I'd like to thank all of you. You made the trip a very memorable experience and one that I will not forget. I'd like to especially thank my cacaws! (Jenny and Melissa). You guys were the best and London would have been totally different without you. P.S. Cotswold misses your faces a lot.

To London: Thanks for letting me explore your city. You were awesome. I loved every inch of the city and could spend several months there and still not experience everything I want to. I hope to see you again soon (Please don't rain as much next time. Thanks!)

Well that's all I need to say. I did a lot in a month's time. I saw a lot of London but barely scratched the surface. I didn't go to Wimbledon but I drank some good beers. I saw some amazing historical items and visited some of the coolest libraries ever. I met some authentic British boys and they were just as I expected. I ate meat pies and they were awesome. I had too much food but loved it. I walked way too much and my legs hated me for it. It was all glorious. I soaked up a ton of history while I was there and it just left me with the urge to travel even more...

Which I am doing, since I'm going to Disney in a week. How bout that! Not sure it will be blog worthy but I'll bring my computer anyway and we'll see if something awesome happens that needs to be documented.

Thanks again for reading. You know I'll be back again when I take my next trip. I'm thinking Italy next time? Or maybe back to Ireland and actually blogging? Or Spain? Or back to Scotland for a more in depth tour? You know I'll be somewhere, seeing something, and being all together crazy but awesome. Cheers!

- Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment