Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Well it's finally Day 18. The last day of our trip. As of right now, I am sitting in the Vancouver Airport, awaiting our flight to Newark. It has been a long day already and will not end until 10 p.m.

We spent our last day on the Diamond Princess in a state of complete relaxation. Mom and I got pedicures in the morning then had our final breakfast at Sabatini's. The sun came out and it was a beautiful day as we cruised towards Vancouver. We soaked in the sunshine as we wrote, read and ate lunch on our deck.

Alas, we had to pack and did so with a heavy heart. Dinner was a quiet affair in the dining room as we said goodbye to our waiters, Ferdinand and Berta. We played gin in the Wheelhouse Bar (I was running the table) and then retired for the night.

The trip, to say the least, has been fantastic. I want to thank everyone who read the blog and a double thanks to those who commented - letting me know that someone out there was reading my writing. Hopefully you enjoyed it and if you didn't then don't tell me. I'd rather live in a world where everyone adores my writing and I have no critics.

And so this post will be the last on this blog for the time being. I've enjoyed writing it and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I have no future travel plans as of yet but I'm sure I'll get the bug soon enough and be back in action. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment