Sunday, July 4, 2010

This Here's an RV, Folks

I apologize for the absence. We've been away from internet access for two nights. I will now recap those days in two separate blog posts.

When I first saw my brother in the Fairbanks Airport, I was a bit worried. He was growing a rather bushy beard, was wearing a beer t-shirt and was driving a diesel truck. Could it be that he had become a hick? My worries began to subside as we drove to their house. He seemed normal enough. Maybe Alaska hadn't gotten to him too much.

But then we saw it. The RV. The trailer. He had done it. He had gone over to the darkside, bringing Jackie with him. There it was, parked next to his quadplex, in all its glory. I knew at this point that they cannot come back to the East Coast with such a contraption.

However, it got even better when I realized that the RV would be my home for the next 4 days. We were going to pull it all the way to Ninilchik and then to Seward and then back to Fairbanks. All five of us were road tripping in the truck. Channeling Chevy Chase in our very own Alaskan Vacation.



So we packed everything up on Thursday morning and got on the road at 930 a.m. I worried for the sanctity of my world. Would I hate my family by the end of it or love them even more? A trip that was first thought to be 9 hours turned into 14 hours. We made a few stops along the way, picked up a Will Doyle in Anchorage and finally made it to Ninilchik at 10 p.m. We saw some large gorillas, dogs driving cars, a black bear and stopped to take in the sights

Once arrived, we(well Mom and Dad went to bed earlier) all then proceeded to get completely wasted with the captain and deckhands of the fishing charter. But that will be for the second blog post.







No comments:

Post a Comment