Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dawn of a New Day

Well it is now officially 2011 and I guess I should get back to blogging. I know people do enjoy this. And by people I mean my family (they have to at least pretend to like it). And some long-time family friends who seem to enjoy my quick tongue and frankness of character. And maybe some random people living in Malaysia who just happened upon my blog one day. Well, I hope you all do enjoy it. And if not, well, tough. :)

I survived my first semester of grad school! Just barely, in some ways. Finished with 2 A's and 1 B. That history class on the theories of imperialism really got me! Ah well, I shall be better prepared next semester.

Following previous posts, I have devised a list of things I have accomplished this semester. Alas, it will probably be a long-winded ramble with semicolons to break up thoughts. Do not underestimate the power of the semicolon! It is under appreciated and should be used more often.

1. I turned 23! Woo hoo. I felt no different and continued to act like I was 19
2. Brianne got married! Another woo hoo! And then I disappeared for a few hours, making my parents rather distraught! Alas, I was recovered. I had not run off to Gretna Green with Mr. Wickham. Nothing so exciting. My phone died and I fell asleep. Never again!
3. I met some more awesome people! Lots of awesome people exist in Maryland and I have met quite a few of them
4. My job went from boring to exciting to boring. Wait, it does that everyday or every week. Alas, the life of an archivist. Sometimes exciting, most often boring, but it pays the bills
5. I passed the threshold of 4000 songs on my iTunes. This was a momentous day in my life!
6. I saw Penn State play Indiana at FedEx Field with some awesome friends from undergrad. It was a crazy, fun weekend with no sleep and a bad sweater party.
7. I passed my first semester! I know I already said that but I had to say it again. It was a huge hurdle.

Thanksgiving was here and gone. Then Christmas came and with it brought more food and family. I practically cooked Christmas dinner! And then got a Kitchen Aid mixer! My mother will make me into a housewife yet! Tim and Jackie came East from Alaska and visited with us. In addition, they brought a blizzard. Three feet of snow in NJ. It was great! I finished a 1000 piece puzzle in 12 hours. Really, my concentration is rather amazing. Even I was amazed.

New Years was rather tame, as opposed to previous celebrations. Went to a small house party with some good friends. Made some desserts for my parents and their friends. I must say, I have become quite the cook. I might drop out of college and travel the country, taking short-order cook jobs when I need money. Now that would be fun.

And now I am back in Maryland. This year has been a whirlwind. So much has happened. I've been lucky enough to travel and hope to continue to do so in 2011. And on that note, stay tuned for another blog post. Til tomorrow! Well, make that Wednesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment