Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium

Well this blog title has absolutely no bearing on what will actually be in this blog but it's just something my Dad says a lot and it felt appropriate. I mean, it is Tuesday, but I'm not in Belgium. Although, it would be pretty cool to be in Belgium, but I'm not exactly sure what happens in Belgium. I think they're known for their chocolate. And the capital is Brussels. They also may be half French and half German. This has now turned into a stream of consciousness and I'm positive all of you have stopped reading. My apologies.

Now onto what I actually did on Tuesday. Class didn't begin for us until 2 p.m. on Tuesday, so I had the entire morning free. After staying up a bit too late on Monday night, I awoke and pushed myself to go for a run on the Thames. I ran by a man dressed in a mouse costume sitting on a bench overlooking the Thames, and that made Tuesday a great day. I then met up with Melissa and Jenny for a visit to the National Portrait Gallery before class. They have a life size statue of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert dressed in Anglo-Saxon dress. I've decided to commission a photo of me when I return. I'm thinking this one to my right would be best.

We spent about 1.5 hours going through there before grabbing lunch at a nice Italian place in Leicester Square. Then it was off to class, where we took a tour of the London Library. It was a really great tour, and we got to see a lot of what this amazing library has to offer. There is a post on my class blog about it and you can access that here.

After the tour ended, we were once more on our own for the rest of the day. It was raining quite a but as we left so Melissa, Jenny, and I went to the local Tesco to pick up drinks and some finger foods for dinner. Then it was back to blog and enjoy the evening. It was a rather lazy evening, but sometimes that is needed. Yet another great day in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment