Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Another Lazy Sunday

Sundays are lazy days and we had a very, very lazy Sunday. Us three northerners awoke to an overcast sky and much rain. Alas, we had no food and needed to venture into the wild to find nourishment to slake our thirst. At 10:15, we left the dorms and got absolutely soaked as we walked ten minutes to a very lovely French cafe. Here, we ordered coffee (real coffee! not Americanos like I've been drinking) and tea. We then got some savory scrambled eggs, mine with a side of prosciutto, and some phenomenal homemade bread.

We still didn't want to go outside so we ordered more drinks....and more food! I got a Espresso Chocolate Tart, Melissa a Slice of Chocolate Tart, and Jenny a Scone with Jam and Butter. Everything was wonderful and we enjoyed a lovely brunch whilst staying out of the rain. When we finally left, around 12:45, the rain had miraculously stopped! Thus we meandered across the Thames and boarded a subway train that would take us to the Natural History Museum.

We spent a good two hours going through this museum. It is a really awesome museum, but some aspects were poorly laid out (like the dinosaur area, which really annoyed me because I love me some dinosaurs). Still, we saw lots of gems, and learned about the earth and planets, and about mammals and all sorts of natural history things.

He's kinda crazy, but I love him
Yep, he was drunk.
And then we entered the gift shop...and I saw them...all of the dinosaur stuffed animals. I could not contain myself and I had to have them all, but one struck my eye and he needed to come home with me. Cotswold the Triceratops stole my hearts, and will continue to steal the hearts of many around the globe. We took him home in a bag but he needed to be photographed on the underground. And then he surprisingly asked for alcohol on the way home, so we had to purchase some. It seems Cotswold is a bit of a lush. He drank an 750 ml bottle of beer tonight all my himself. It's crazy. He's passed out now but I'm sure he will rally again tomorrow for another glorious day in London.

Well, I'm finally caught up on my blogs and I will be adding my British Library one tomorrow evening. I really hope everyone is enjoying my blogs. (I also hope you know I'm kidding about Cotswold since I'm actually the one who drank the bottle of beer. And it was a glorious beer. I'm so happy I found porters in London). There is another busy week ahead but I'm excited!

Cheers,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. So I'm wondering what would have happened if the gift shop had puppy stuffed animals instead of dinosaurs.... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have bought all the puppies!

    ReplyDelete