Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What Happened to Monday? Cotswold Must Have Stolen It...

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Not only Wednesday, but I'm almost half way through the trip. All of a sudden, this week and the entire trip is flying by. I'll be in Scotland in a short time and then onto my mini-break and then it's almost time to return home. I feel like I've done nothing but I know I've done a lot. There is just so much more to see and do in this city! Sometimes I don't have the energy to push on to one more museum but I'm doing my best to see as much of this city as possible in the short time that I am here.

Today was a very full day that involved a lot of walking. A.Lot.Of.Walking. We started the day at the Art Library of the Victoria & Albert Museum. This is located near south of Hyde Park and is actually directly across the street from the Natural History Museum that we visited on Sunday. It was a really cool library and it was nice to see a museum library. They showed us a lot of amazing things! We actually got to touch the first manuscript of Dickens' Bleak House! I'll say no more of that but will blog more about it on my class blog.

After finishing there, we wandered around the Victoria & Albert Museum itself to see what it had to offer. The jewelry collection was stunning, as were the tapestries, and the dress collection! There was a lot that this museum had to offer but just not enough time to see it all (as is often the case with museums). We left there around the noon hour to find some lunch and happened upon a nice Thai place just across the street. It was very lovely and I had some really awesome Phad Siew. 

Then we began our four hour walk across London. I've decided to map it for you all cause I have a lot of time on my hands. Enjoy that. First we went to the Science Museum and walked around there. We saw an exhibit on the WWII code breakers in England, most specifically Alan Turing. Then we listened to the London Philharmonic Orchestra perform The Planets. After hearing it, we then decided to go to the Royal Albert Hall to purchased tickets for the Proms. Here is the event we will be attending: http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whats-on/2012/july-23/14244. We're all very excited!

It was very nice out so we walked up by Hyde Park and on to Oxford Street. We stopped in several stores during this walk but by the end of it, all of us were exhausted. But hey, I purchased a really pretty dress, which is so very unlike me. And it looks all feminine. I will be wearing it to the proms with my date, Cotswold. Once more, we're back at the dorms and blogging/relaxing. Tomorrow we will be heading to Stratford-Upon-Avon for an all-day trip. It will be a long day so I probably will not post again for a few days. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment